The college, established on 28th June 1985, is first institution for women’s education in North Maharashtra. The mission of the college is “Empowerment of women through quality education.” The college is permanently affiliated to SNDT Women’s university, Mumbai and is ISO 9001: 2015 certified College.
The college is the outgrowth of the external guidance center for women under the name “Jidnyasa Mahila Mahavidyalaya” started by Late Prin. B.L. Patankar, ex-Principal of H.P.T. College of Arts and R.Y.K. Science College in 1955. It was converted into a full- fledged college in 1985 with the inspiring guidance of Prof. G.B. Sardar, Prin. D.V. Inamdar (Pune), Dr. Mrs. Jyotsnaben Trivedi, the then Vice Chancellor of SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai and Prof. Mrs. Kamalinben Bhansali, under the able leadership of Sir. Dr. M.S. Gosavi, Secretary G.E. Society. The strong foundation of college has been laid down by founder Principal Dr. Sunandatai Gosavi. The constructive and glorious path of women’s education also witnessed the substantial administration of former Principal Dr. D. K. Gosavi who made value addition by his meticulous planning and execution.